Sunday, March 22, 2009

 

Fourth time lucky

Exactly a year ago, according to R's calendar, I posted after being third time unlucky. The post can be read here. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride were the operative words. Well, it's the bride that speaks now. We won Quizzotica and how. One of the best days of quizzing I've had. I guess the quizzing kitty is full now.

Sadly, this first also marked an end. And end to Rapu's and my days of quizzing together. Before someone points out the MMS, let me say that General Quizzing is quizzing for us. The others don't count. Although, the fact that we almost won MMS as well is heartening.

These 4 years of quizzing were amazing. A major reason behind why these 4 years overall were so precious. College quizzing, at least the serious part of it, has ended now, and I'm happy to have enjoyed it. A big thanks to everyone who made it what it was for me. The senti post might follow later. The biggest thanks, however, to the man, the legend, who was beside me throughout. I'm certain I could never have had a better quizzing mate. A toast seems to be in order. To one of the best quizzers I've met and an ever better friend. To Rapu. Cheers.

And I'm richer by 3500/3. That cheers me up too. Naman, I sincerely hope we get the money.

PS- Once again, congratulations to Dela and Prondi for winning TATA Crucible Chandigarh. For the uninitiated, it was the zonal round of a national business quiz.

Comments:
and i my sincerest apologies for trying my level best to take the moment away from you.
a toast indeed!
 
@ Susaant
Never mind. In the end, as you wisely said, I had the best of both worlds. And the Panel D was seriously illuminating.
 
Ah, we'll never beat you, then. But, I wonder why I wonder why I don't mind that too much.

To Rapu!
 
To Rapu, Scarlet Pimperlon, 'Can I?', the Stradivarius violin, 'Are youpassing or not?', King Edward V and the many more memorable moments he has given us.

As mushy as it may sound, Lit quizzes won't be the same without the two of you. Or SriP, Dude and the Ravindra quartet, for that matter.
 
I second Dela on the fact that quizzing here will never be the same without you guys..
As for the prize money, lo and behold I have the cheques with me..
 
@ Murty
Forget beating us. We have high plans for you guys.

@ Dela
Likewise

@ Kaka
You're the man. Hold on to them tight.
 
Sniff....
I love you guys!!!!!
 
The earliest memory I have of Rapu is that of a 'touch sensitive' geek with an impossible reading speed. I think some credit is due on the rest of the farmhouse for making Rapu less of a Sheldon Cooper since then.
As for quizzing, the only ones I had been to before R were geek quizzes. Lucky I bumped into you guys.
And so long as Stradivari and the abduction of Europa are concerned, Rapu shall remain the Shaolin Master.
 
Congrats guys. I'm still waiting to see how you guys would divide 3500/3.

A humble suggestion, treat us for Rs.3497/- and rest is all yours.

-- A Young monk waiting for the old monks.
 
@ Rapu
We love you too. Sniff sniff

@ Shrey
Thanks, on behalf of the farmhouse.
Thanks, on behalf of Lit.
Thanks, on behalf of Rapu.

@ Shreyas
Your suggestion is being processed. The likelihood of its being implemented are however, remote.
 
It's really fitting that you guys won. Congrats.

----Another young monk.
 
@ Abhinav
Good to know that there are lots of you young monks.
Though we prefer the term Padawans.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]