Friday, June 20, 2008

 

One afternoon…

Chocolate dark brown, peach on the darker side and white. The 2 walls and ceiling of my room converge at the less holy confluence and my eyes inadvertently stray to that spot. The bean bag I’ve stretched myself out on becomes more comfortable by the minute. A good meal has been had and all is right with the world. The lights are off, but some friendly rays are allowed to filter through the curtains, allowing the room to be shrouded in a dark cloak. But there is just enough light for each object to proclaim its existence though not its identity- a comfortable state of hazy darkness that I feel most at home in. The fan whirs above me- silent but effective. It is always dynamic yet everlastingly static, something that never tires me of my fascination of watching it for hours on end. Siesta time means there’s peace and quiet around, though the faint drumming of men at work can be discerned in the distance. Dozens of thoughts flit harmlessly through my mind, to be replaced by dozens more. All non-sequitur. My eyes wander, lazily going over the knickknacks here and there. A sudden guffaw breaks the calm of silence- my sister is watching Friends close by, using earphones at my insistence. A thorough knowledge of the sitcom coupled with what is audible through the phones allows me to acknowledge the source of laughter and I smile within, allowing my mouth to twitch a bit in the bargain. The hands of the clock tick by, but somehow, my sanctum sanctorum is unaffected by the merciless tide of time. Within these four walls, stillness reigns supreme. Some minutes pass by and I adjust my posture a bit to make myself, if possible, still more comfortable. The whole cycle is repeated. Again. And again.
Heaven.

Comments:
True. Nothing compares remotely to a good siesta after a meal.
If you've started staring at walls and musing, then you're fast slipping into the PeeTeeVee(TM) mode.
Watch it. It isn't good for academic rigours.
 
Kindly change the name on the Blogo sapiens thing. I'd rather remain obscure.
 
@ DC
I've been staring at walls since I can remember. It's part of the I'm lazy package.
 
And in accordance with your wishes, I've changed your name. Check it out. I'm sure you'll love it.
 
Nice da. Could relate to most of it. There is one difference though- this is the routine I follow even during the sem. That, I suppose, is why I didn't score an 8.5

Btw, I loved PeeTeeVee's name too.
:)
 
@ Dela
I follow the routine during the sem too. At least I try too, when I'm not sleeping or playing AoE. And maybe you can hit a nice SG next sem. May the Force be with you.
And good to know we both like the rechristened PTV.
 
may I compliment on how good you write?
Heaven.
 
Heaven back in RJB S-123 seemed a long shot...Let's hope freedom does help...Anyway(s? nah!), happy divinating or whatever you call heaven-surfing...As for the DC thingy, (a la Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose in the good ol' Kingfisher ad)- Neh!
 
@ Amit
Thank you.

@ Murty
S-123? Single room from the beginning eh? And thanks for the wishes. The same to you.
 
Hi...The post was very good....Especially the "Interesting" description of the "Uninteresting" afernoon!
Although I am not worthy of commenting on your posts, but I have been reading your blog for quite a while and thought (a crime?) to post a comment afterall.
 
@ Vikesh
Thank you. And it's far from a crime to post on my blog. Feel free to do so whenever you like.
 
okay..i'll do it..
 
I always think it's ordinary, simple, delicious days like these that actually make life worth living :D
 
@ Kriti
Something in that.
I occasionally think so too. If you try and recall some of the most memorable times you've had, many of them would be those that are not the grandest of days.
 
one such afternoon.....
I read a post.....
I thought.....
I concluded.....
I had always been right...
 
Sir
I am newest member of your fanclub
and suppose that
I am welcomed??????
 
@ Rahul
No Sir. No fanclub.
But yes, you're welcome.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]